Saturday, March 2, 2013

Traveling in the South of India

A boat ride in a village outside Vijayawada. From right to left - Ashwin's friend Deepuk, Deepuk's wife, Emily, Me, and Deepuk's wife's uncle


A field in the village outside Vijayawada.


This is a woman weaving beautiful cotton saris in Vijayawada at Cottage Industries.


Here are some women preparing the cotton for weaving at Cottage Industries in Vijayawada.


 From left to right: Emily, Deepuk, Ashwin, Ashwin's friend, and me. I know my eyes are closed, but look at that beautiful Rajasthani Indian suit! =)


This is on a street outside a beautiful mosque in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.


Here are a couple of wedding pictures.


Here the bride and groom are playing a game. There are a couple of games incorporated in the ceremony. The games acted as ice breakers when the bride and groom did not meet before the wedding.


Here Emily and I are wearing our saris at the wedding. We are sitting with a group of Ashwin's friends. 


These are some of the ruins we saw in Hampi. Hampi is the former capital of the empire that was South India.

 More ruins in Hampi....

This picture is also from Hampi. Emily and I took two nice rides in these boats that look like baskets.

 I had to laugh because I met this guy in Hampi with an Ernst & Young t-shirt. Some tourist gave it to him. He had no idea what EY does. I told him (I think he was disappointed that they are accountants, and it's not a brand name t-shirt). However, he did let me take a picture. =) Apparently, his friend wanted to be in the picture too.


A view from Hanuman's temple in Hampi.

 Two Xavier graduates outside the church where St. Francis Xavier's remains are kept in Goa.

The beach in Goa at sunset. This picture is taken from the restaurant where I was staying. 


A street festival in Fort Kochi. I have no idea what the purpose was.


P.S. All of these pictures were taken by Emily. Not only is it nice for me to sit back and not worry about taking pictures, but it's also convenient because my camera broke. Oops...this is the third camera of mine which was lost to Incredible India. This means I am buying another in the next few days. Any advice on cameras would be greatly appreciated. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment